I thought once I hit around 30 I’d feel like a proper adult. Nope. I was wrong. Researchers for a poll by Tangerine confectionery – makers of Sweet Champions Sweets – polled 2,000 Brits over the age of 30 and found they did not consider themselves an adult until 33. Not sure I go along with that as I may look older but I definitely don’t feel it.
The fabulous people at Candyland Sweet Champions kindly sent me a Done Adulting box, which contained lots of sweets (win!) to help me embrace my inner kidult when I’ve had a hard day adulting. It contains all my favourite retro sweets such as Refreshers, Black Jacks, Fruit Salad and Sherbert Dip Dabs.
A copy of the bestselling book ‘Adulting. How I become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps’ by Kelly Williams Brown.
A Kidult Colouring Book with pictures to colour in of all your favourite retro sweets.
Lastly some stickers for when you’ve really had a good go at this adulting lark!
How many of these signs you’re a kidult can you tick off?
- Watch whole box-sets in a weekend
- Have recently got a tattoo
- Have set up a Whatsapp group with your friends
- Used a Snapchat selfie filter on your profile pic
- Listen to Radio 1
- Voted for someone on the X Factor
- Have gone to a music festival
- Have bought a must-have pair of trainers
- Regularly raid the sweetie cupboard for treats
- Have ridden a scooter to work/on the school run
- Owned a novelty phone case
- Queued for a new Iphone
- Downed a pint in one
- Worn skinny jeans
- Used a selfie stick
- Love eating a Sherbert Fountain or Dip Dab
- Worn a band t-shirt
- Worn ripped jeans
- Gone abroad on a stag or hen do
- Edited Social Media photos to make you look younger/ more attractive
- Bought a pet rather than have a baby
- Dumped a partner because you weren’t ready for anything serious
- Use nicknames for all your friends
- Let your parents do your washing, housework, DIY or gardening
- Asked your parents to borrow money
- Watched shows like TOWIE/Made in Chelsea/Ex on the beach/Love Island/Kardashians
- Have gone straight to work after a night out
- Stayed up all night playing computer games
- Worn fancy dress for Halloween
- Dyed your hair a crazy colour.
I ticked off 17 so not quite as kidult as I thought. My worst is raiding the sweetie cupboard. Naughty. My fave sweets as a kid were Frosties Cola sweets so I was delighted to find some in my Done Adulting box!!
Now I’m giving my lovely readers a chance to win a Sweet Champions Done Adulting Box for themselves! Enter via the Rafflecopter below!
1. The competition is open to residents of the UK only.
2. There is no cash alternative offered.
3. To enter, please use the rafflecopter widget above.
4. The winner will be drawn at random from all qualifying entries.
5. The giveaway will run until Midnight 29/1/17
6. Once the giveaway is over the winner will be contacted for their details to arrange postage of their prize
*We were sent the box free for the purpose of this post however all opinions remain honest and my own*