I’ve been nominated by Paul at Cheeky Dad Blog for a blogging challenge where I tell you lot 10 facts about myself and I’m also taking part in #Blogtober17 with HexMum so the two fitted together nicely. Going to be a challenge finding 10 interesting things believe me. I’m right boring.
1. I hate being late, it’s an obsession of mine. I’ve only been late for work once in 20 years and even then I did it spectacularly. I got stuck on the M4 for 3 hours and I’d forgotten my mobile so you can imagine my boss wondering whether I’d been abducted by aliens because I’m never late. They were about to call the cops in when I strolled – by strolled I mean run in hair all over the place and my face red as a tomato.
2. Although I call him ‘hubby’ I’m not married. We’ve been together 10 years and to be honest I’ve never been one of those girls who dreamed of a huge white dress and all that nonsense. I also can’t think of anything worse then standing up in the front of the room with all eyes on me. No ta.
3. There’s an 11 year gap between my 1st & 2nd children. I was so traumatised the 1st time I never wanted to do it again. I came round to the idea though (obviously) and all those people who said it wouldn’t be so bad the 2nd time round? Bloody liars. And when they said the 3rd would be a piece of cake? Even more lies. She was the worst birth of the lot. I am positively, absolutely, undeniably and reliably NEVER having any more.
4. I have a secret love for the N64. When my son was around 7 or 8 I was a single Mum and a bit skint I was offered the console with games for £20. I bit her hand off and thought he’d love it. What I wasn’t expecting though was that I’d love it just as much. My boy and I lost hours playing Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Banjo Kazooie, Mario and Goldeneye. I can’t say I like any of the consoles or games since really and these days you can’t lob the controller across the room in a rage cos they cost way too much and are flimsy as.
5. I have lots of scars, I was a right knob as a kid and ridiculously accident prone. The main one is next to my right eye from where my Dad was watching the A-Team in the dark , I tripped over his Adidas Samba’s and smashed my face on the coffee table. Cue my Mum calling my Dad all the dickheads known to man and my Uncle with the huge hair getting a phone call to get his Cortina over to our house quick as you like to take me to hospital. I screamed that much that my Dad told the Dr he wasn’t allowed to stitch it and to use butterfly stitches which then left a bad scar. What a baby eh?!
6. I hate being cold, it makes me a right grumpy moo. I’m the one who watches TV in the evening fully clothed with my dressing gown over the top, a blanket over my lap and thick socks. Sexy or what?
7. I have 3 tattoos. 1 is a seriously crap cover up that covered a seriously crap tattoo to start with. If you’re going to have 1 think it over and find a decent tattoo artist. The other 2 are good ones thank god. Someone once told me that getting a tattoo was worse than giving birth. She hadn’t had any children though. WTF?!!
8. When I was 18 I worked in a nightclub. Best job I’ve ever had. We had ahem ‘celebrity’ nights and I’ve sat in the staffroom with the guys from Steps. Bet you can’t beat that 😀
9. I love some cartoons more than the kids and have been known to intentionally watch them when they’re not around. If you’ve never seen Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time or Clarence you’re really missing out!
10. I’m allergic to nuts.Ever since my Mum made us Cherry Bakewells and I ended up like the Elephant Man I’ve had to avoid the sodding things. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve told people and they’ve sniggered and asked how I managed to have 3 kids. Eye roll.